We hope you and your family enjoyed our car-themed Live from the Playroom! If you want to continue the fun, why not make your very own race cars using materials you have lying around the house!
What You’ll Need
- Paint & paint brushes (or colored pencils/markers)
- Toilet paper tube
- Hole punch
- Paper for decorations/stickers (optional)
- Small prong fasteners/brads
How To Play
- Decorate the toilet paper tubes using your paint, pencils or markers. Encourage your kids to get creative here – why not use your favorite songs as inspiration? Place the tubes aside to dry while you continue to the next step.
- Draw some circles on the cardboard, these will be the cars’ wheels so you’ll need four for every tube. Make sure they’re a suitable size.
- Draw some smaller circles to create steering wheels. Cut out all circles.
- Once your tubes are painted, it’s time to cut small openings with a craft knife. Cut a small, straight u-shape, then fold the flap back to create your car’s seat back. Don’t forget to glue on the steering wheel on the opposite side of the opening.
- Use the brads to attach the four wheels to your car and add any last minute decorations.
There you have it! Why not get extra creative and set up a racetrack before test driving your new wheels?
We want to see your crafty cars! Tag @therockandrollplayhouse + use the hashtag #therockandrollplayhouse so we can share with our families across the country!
Make sure to tune into our livestream series Live From The Playroom every day on Facebook for music and fun that the whole family will love.
If you’d like more family-friendly activities and useful resources, sign up for the Rock and Roll Playhouse mailing list here.